Sunday 26 August 2018

The Hard Questions: 100 Essential Questions to Ask Before You Say "I Do" by Susan Piver




As I remembered past relationships, I realized that it was never lack of love that caused the relationships to fail, it was dislike of the life my partner and I had created together. 




For those of us contemplating marriage in the new millennium, a conscious effort is required to create a shared vision.




Your work is to understand your partner's internal logic.




Ultimately, through revealing and accepting self and other, through paying attention to your love affair and your life together and always working to tell the truth, a genuine long-term romance is created.




If we can find a way, within ourselves and together, to hold off, even just for a moment, from running from discomfort, it will bear gifts.




Discomfort just means that a boundary is being stretched.